KINLOCH CASTLE FRIENDS ASSOCIATION - The Bulloughs
Sir George was Master of the Ledbury Hunt for many years until succeeded by his brother, John "Ion" Bullough. Both had homes in Warwickshire. The Bulloughs had an association with Newmarket which spanned over fifty years. In 1928 they had a house, Warren Hill, built in the town. Following the death of Sir George in 1939, Lady Bullough lived there until her own death in 1967 at the grand age of 98 years. Sir George Bullough was an early and long term, (1920-1939), supporter of Jack Jarvis (later Sir Jack Jarvis). Jack was an up and coming trainer at Park Lodge Stable, Newmarket when Sir George entered his running horses into his care. "Golden Myth" winner of the Ascot Gold Cup and Ascot Gold Vase in 1922 (a record) was trained at Park Lodge. For a short period Sir George also used Newmarket trainers H. C. Leader (who trained Lady Bullough's horses) and Frank Butters.
The picture on the left shows some Howard & Bullough equipment still functioning in Quarry Bank Mill at Styal near Manchester Airport in England. This is part of a demonstration of cotton machinery by The National Trust (England, wales and Northern Ireland). |